Dental Emergencies in Panorama City
$25 For Exam + X-ray + Consult
Our office is sanitized at a surgical level & we’re minimizing waiting area interactions
Many patients are unsure as to whether a dental concern is an emergency or not. A problem arises to the level of an emergency if it hampers you from going about your daily life (i.e. severe pain) or can only be fixed within a limited amount of time (i.e. a knocked-out tooth).
Five Signs You May Need Emergency Dental Care
If your situation could lead to additional medical or dental complications, it counts as a dental emergency. Here are the five issues that most commonly require treatment from an emergency dentist:
- Severe pain – Pain can often be a sign of infection.
- Lost tooth – A knocked-out tooth can be placed back only if the issue is addressed immediately.
- Pus – Pus is a sign of infection.
- Excessive bleeding – Bleeding can be a sign of gum disease, a symptom of mouth trauma, or other causes.
- Infections – Infections can cause lifelong damage or spread if ignored.
Why the ER Isn’t Always the Answer
It is important to note that many ERs are unable to treat emergencies such as:
- Denture repair
- Re-cementing bridges, crowns, or veneers
- A tooth that needs to be pulled
- Root canal
- Broken, chipped, or lost tooth
We are here to help with your dental emergencies! Give us a call immediately to get a same-day appointment.